donderdag 24 oktober 2013

Welcome to Mai Food

Hi all food lovers,
Here it is, my first steps out in the big wide world of blogging. For many years I've been cooking and baking away in all my tiny kitchens all over the world. Food has always been a big part of my upbringing.

My dad, being a Vietnamese born Chinese brought his home cooking to Holland. My mom, a Dutch tall vital woman always baked dutch apple pies and cakes for birthdays and parties. So growing up I was surrounded by the smell and taste of Vietnam and Southern China with a hint of cinnamon and apples on the go.  Since I was little I would help out in the kitchen, helping my mom make pastry for the apple pie, helping my dad cut the veggies. I remember how friends, acquaintances and neighbors made remarks on how my childhood home smelled like yasmin scented rice.

Now I'm in my begin twenties, graduated art school and since then I'm traveling east and west. Visiting family in California, working abroad in China and enjoying the lovely foods and culture from all over the world. Inspiring me to learn how to cook, how to be a better cook and giving back beautiful food to my family and friends.

With this blog I want to share my recipes and ideas with all of you. To show that even in Holland, you can make drawn good (mostly Asian inspired) food and be healthy.

Enjoy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten