zondag 8 december 2013

Kickin'off December

Since my arrival in America I've been so busy. If I'm not helping out with the kids, or visiting grandma, my cousin will sweep me away for a trip to Mexico or Vegas. My days are filled with yelling kids, Chinese and great food, self made and in restaurants.

It is not that I want to keep it to myself, but I just never seem to have the time to sit down and write. So as a small teaser I show some of my food experiences here and I will tell you what is coming for this holiday month.

Breakfast on our stateroom balcony, on our cruise to Ensenada Mexico

Santaclaus is coming to town. Slowly the sunshine state is turning itself to a winter wonder land. Huge christmas trees and decorated palmtrees. Such a weird difference. Tomorrow my cousin and I will pick out a Christmas tree, my dad and I will hang the lights and it will be the start of the annual food tree!

Normally featuring Twinkies, Candy canes and all other delights and snacks. This year I will add to this feast tree with some homemade cookies and perhaps some other baked goods.

The first christmas tree of the year. This huge tree at The Grove in LA is complete with flying Santa and his reindeers.

After Thanksgiving last month, I think my cousins are planning a more Asian style Christmas dinner. I'll get my hands on the Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe, Shrimp rolls and my favorite spring rolls. And best of all, I will get the vegetarian versions from my aunt!

For my grandma, aunts and uncles I will make a Christmas Baked goods basket. I will fill you in on my Christmas themed baked goods, like cranberry scones and cookies. Stay tuned, no recipes for now. Just some pictures of the Christmas trees and some food pics!

up: Family dinner at Grandma's, my aunt made Banh Xeo
down: Out for dinner at my dads favorite restaurant, Japanese surasi bowl, Sashimi covering sushi rice
down: Supposedly a real and tallest Christmas tree, located in Citadel Outlets
up: Christmas tree in Vegas

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten